Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Egg Carton Dump Truck

First, I should say that I cannot take credit for this idea. At the same time, I am not sure who should get the credit. I recently saw a picture of an egg carton dump truck but alas, I cannot find it again or the tutorial.  Here is me winging it.  So, whoever you are I am sorry and thanks for such a fun idea. This actually entertained my 4 year old son for at least 3 hours today.

Read More for the HOW TO!
Cut apart an egg carton as pictured.  You will also need a couple twist ties or pipe cleaners.
Attach the two large pieces by cutting slits in the the carton and connecting with twisty ties. This will create a movable truck bed.
Now glue one of the small sections to the front of the truck.
Next glue another small section on top to create the windshield.
Using the top of your egg carton cut out and color six circles for tires and attach with glue.
 Color!

2 comments:

  1. Cute dump truck! Just stopped by to let you know I featured your tie snakes on my post today. Thanks so much for linking them up to my clothes upcycling linky!

    Hope you have a lovely week!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very nice content I am reading on your blog. It is so full of insight that I really think will help me in doing some findings about this topic nice work.

    ReplyDelete