Unfortunately, the pictures I took while making this necklace, the same pictures that would be most helpful in explaining the process are HORRIBLE! Therefore, I will attempt to use words alone to describe the process. Good luck!
1. Cut an extra long strip of ribbon. I would "guesstimate" that the ribbon should be twice as long as your desired necklace length. Note: my ribbon was really fat so I folded it in half.
2. Burn the ends of the ribbon to avoid fraying.
3. Using an especially long piece of thread, thread your needle and make a knot in the end.
4. Starting about 1/4 of the way down your ribbon, pull your thread through from the back until the knot catches. Now thread a pearl onto the string.
5. Pinch your ribbon to make a fold and thread your needle through the fold and then onto another pearl.
6. Repeat until you are satisfied.
7. When you get to the last pearl, instead of pinching and folding just string your thread to the back, tie a knot, and cut.
Now that you are sufficiently confused. Here is a pretty similar tutorial, but guess what, she actually has pictures!