Friday, April 1, 2011

Utensil Sunburst Mirror

I love IKEA!  I know it is not everyone's forte, but it is definitely mine. IKEA is where I found this mirror and a pack of utensils, (dirt cheap), to create this sunburst mirror.
First, I ripped the stand off of the back of the mirror.  The utensils were in a pack of 20 with only 4 butter knives. I began by finding the middles and hot-gluing the knives to the back. 
Create a pattern and glue the rest of the utensils onto the back of the mirror.
Where you removed the stand, thread ribbon to use for hanging your mirror. I added vinyl EAT letters.  Sidenote:  Wouldn't it be even prettier if I had spray painted the utensils white? 

7 comments:

  1. I love it, and I love all the plates and fun colors!

    I am your newest follower :)

    <3

    Risa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! I love love love IKEA as well! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, and very creative! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great! We made one of those this week but I really love the shape of yours, and the vinyl letters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so neat! I have seen a few but I love this how it says eat. I want one in my formal so bad! I'd love to have you link this to my VIP party today! http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/03/vip-party-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is really neat! great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!!

    Thanks for linking up to What's in Your Garden!!


    Abbi

    ReplyDelete